Services that the Belpre Police Department offer are as follows:
The Belpre Police Department, located at 715 Park Drive, is available for touring for youngsters and seniors alike. Built in 1999, the facility features a state-of-the-art communications center, temporary holding facility and departmental offices and interview areas. Tours are scheduled through the Division of Police by calling the communication Center at 740-423-7631. Please, when scheduling, attempt to allow seven days advance notice of a tour request when possible.
Officers will visit homes and businesses and provide tips on how to better secure your premises. An officer will walk through your dwelling and check items such as window and door locks. He/she will make recommendations regarding lighting and landscaping that could help deter a criminal. To schedule a survey, call 740-423-7631.
The Belpre PD offers complimentary speakers on a variety of law enforcement topics including personal safety, home security and legal issues. In addition to providing speaker services, the division can provide relevant articles on crime prevention or other law enforcement matters to your organization.
Vacation House Watch
Inform the Division of Police when you will be away from your home for more than three days by calling 740-423-7631 with the following information:
- Your address, last name and home telephone number
- The starting and ending dates of your absence from home
- The name of the alarm system company, if one is installed in your home
- Which lights will be left on, which lights are on timers and where the timers are located in the residence
- Whether or not you will leave televisions or radios playing inside your home
- Names of any persons you have authorized to be on the premises
- Any vehicles that will be left on the premises
- Call the Division of Police when you arrive home
Stop the delivery of newspapers and mail while you are away and ask someone to collect those items which continue to be delivered to your doorstep. You may also want to inform a trusted neighbor. If you are away for more than 30 days, you should call or make arrangements to notify the Division of Police again.
Vehicle Lockout Assistance
The Belpre Police does not currently respond to such calls unless it is a life-threatening scenario necessitating emergency action. Should you accidentally lock your keys in a vehicle, you can call the Communications Center at 740-423-7631 and we shall provide you with information of wrecker companies or locksmiths in the area that you may choose to assist you